Janus and Multiblock Colloidal Particles
Cited 38 times inCited 33 times in
- Janus and Multiblock Colloidal Particles
- Chen, Qian; Yan, Jing; Zhang, Jie; Bae, Sung Chul; Granick, Steve
- 2D lattice; Colloidal clusters; Colloidal networks; Colloidal particle; Kagome lattice; Monodisperse; Multiblocks; Orientational orders; Permanent shapes; Recent progress; Science and Technology; Self-assemble; SIMPLE method
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- LANGMUIR, v.28, no.38, pp.13555 - 13561
- We review recent developments in the synthesis and self-assembly of Janus and multiblock colloidal particles, highlighting new opportunities for colloid science and technology that are enabled by encoding orientational order between particles as they self-assemble. Emphasizing the concepts of molecular colloids and colloid valence unique to such colloids, we describe their rational self-assembly into colloidal clusters, taking monodisperse tetrahedra as an example. We also introduce a simple method to lock clusters into permanent shapes. Extending this to 2D lattices, we also review recent progress in assembling new open colloidal networks including the kagome lattice. In each application, areas of opportunity are emphasized.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.