Solvent effect on the nature of the metallamacrocycles formed: Formation of octanuclear and dodecanuclear manganese metalladiazamacrocycles
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- Solvent effect on the nature of the metallamacrocycles formed: Formation of octanuclear and dodecanuclear manganese metalladiazamacrocycles
- John, Rohith P.; Lee, Kyungjin; Lee, Kyungjae; Park, Mira; Lah, Myoung Soo
- Dodecanuclear metallamacrocycle; Molecular polygon; Octanuclear metallamacrocycle; Self-assembly; Solvent effect
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.28, no.11, pp.2009 - 2014
- Depending on the choice of coordinating solvent molecules, the size and nuclearity of metallamacrocycles formed could be controlled. When a manganese ion was assembled with a pentadentate ligand, N-trans-(pentenoyl) salicylhydrazide in amide solvents such as dimethylformamide (DMF) or dimethylacetamide (DMA), an S6 symmetry puckered dodecanuclear metalladiazamacrocycle with a ⋯(ΛΛΔΔ) (ΛΛΔΔ)⋯ chiral sequence was obtained. However, in an alcoholic solvent such as methanol or ethanol while keeping the other conditions the same, an S8 symmetry octanuclear metalladiazamacrocycle with a ⋯(ΛΔ)(ΛΔ)⋯ chiral sequence was obtained.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.