A novel method for the fabrication of high-aspect ratio C-MEMS structures
Cited 101 times inCited 110 times in
- A novel method for the fabrication of high-aspect ratio C-MEMS structures
- Wang, CL; Jia, GY; Taherabadi, LH; Madou, Mark
- Complex microelectromechanical systems (C-MEMS); High-aspect ratio; Li intercalation; Microbattery; Photoresist; Pyrolysis; Suspended structure
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- JOURNAL OF MICROELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEMS, v.14, no.2, pp.348 - 358
- A novel fabrication process was developed to create high aspect ratio (>10 : 1) carbon posts, all-carbon suspended bridges and wires, self-organized bunches of carbon posts, and carbon plates supported by carbon beams. The structures are all made from a two-step pyrolysis process with SU-8 photoresist as the starting material. In this paper we describe the fabrication of these various new C-MEMS structures and detail an important application of the high aspect ratio carbon posts arrays. The carbon post arrays can be reversible charged/discharged with Li ions, an application that may greatly impact the application of C-MEMS in three-dimensional microbatteries. Complex suspended C-MEMS structures, such as wires, plates, ribbons, and self-organized bunches of posts, were built. Methods to accurately and repeatedly fabricate all the above 3-D C-MEMS structures are given.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.