Wafer-Scale Production of Uniform InAsyP1-y Nanowire Array on Silicon for Heterogeneous Integration
Cited 9 times inCited 7 times in
- Wafer-Scale Production of Uniform InAsyP1-y Nanowire Array on Silicon for Heterogeneous Integration
- Shin, Jae Cheol; Lee, Ari; Mohseni, Parsian Katal; Kim, Do Yang; Yu, Lan; Kim, Jae Hun; Kim, Hyo Jin; Choi, Won Jun; Wasserman, Daniel; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Li, Xiuling
- Compound semiconductors; Hetero-interfaces; Heterogeneous integration; Heterojunction solar cells; II-IV semiconductors; InAs; Large-scale production; One-dimensional crystals
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.7, no.6, pp.5463 - 5471
- One-dimensional crystal growth allows the epitaxial integration of compound semiconductors on silicon (Si), as the large lattice-mismatch strain arising from heterointerfaces can be laterally relieved. Here, we report the direct heteroepitaxial growth of a mixed anion ternary InAsyP1-y nanowire array across an entire 2 in. Si wafer with unprecedented spatial, structural, and special uniformity across the entire 2 in. wafer and dramatic improvements in aspect ratio (>100) and area density (>5 × 10 8/cm2). Heterojunction solar cells consisting of n-type InAsyP1-y (y = 0.75) and p-type Si achieve a conversion efficiency of 3.6% under air mass 1.5 illumination. This work demonstrates the potential for large-scale production of these nanowires for heterogeneous integration of optoelectronic devices.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.