Portfolio Selection Model for Enhancing Information Technology Synergy
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Portfolio Selection Model for Enhancing Information Technology Synergy
- Cho, WooJe; Shaw, Michael J.
- Decisions under risk and uncertainty; implementation methodologies; portfolio strategies; project management; project selection
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT, v.60, no.4, pp.739 - 749
- This paper presents a methodological framework for IT project selection that focuses on the impact of synergy enhancement on portfolio return and risk. As the size of firms' IT investments continues to increase, the demand for strong methodologies for IT portfolio selection has been increasing. Using the mean-variance efficient frontier as a tool to balance portfolio return and portfolio risk, we develop a model for IT portfolio selection. Unlike existing IT portfolio selection models, in this framework, the enhanceable project interdependency, project synergy, is distinguished from the inherent project interdependency, project covariance. This model enables firms to examine the effect of synergy enhancement on project portfolio risk and highlights the benefit of portfolio management of IT projects.
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.