Diffusion-rounded CMOS for improving both I-on and I-off characteristics
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Diffusion-rounded CMOS for improving both I-on and I-off characteristics
- Ryu, Myunghwan; Nguyen, Hung Viet; Kim, Youngmin
- CMOS; Edge effect; Electrical behaviors; Off-current; On-currents; Optimized devices; Variation
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE ELECTRONICS EXPRESS, v.8, no.21, pp.1783 - 1788
- This paper presents a simple and optimized device layout developed by using diffusion rounding effect for better electrical behavior of transistors. TCAD analysis shows that diffusion rounding at the transistor source side can provide increased I-on with decreased I-off because of the edge effect. The proposed diffusion-rounded CMOS shows as much as 10% improvement in the on-current (driving) and the off-current (leakage) is saved up to 10%. The inverter layout shows that proposed method requires less than a 4% cell area increase for the same driving strength of original cells.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.