새로이 분리된 Klebsiella pneumoniae 균주들의 글리세롤 기반 3-hydroxypropionic acid 및 1,3-propanediol 동시 생산성 평가
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- 새로이 분리된 Klebsiella pneumoniae 균주들의 글리세롤 기반 3-hydroxypropionic acid 및 1,3-propanediol 동시 생산성 평가
- Other Titles
- Evaluation of Newly Isolated Klebsiella pneumoniae Strains for the Co-Production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid and 1,3-propanediol from Glycerol
- Ko, Yeonjoo; Seol, Eunhee; Sekar, Balaji Sundara; Kwon, Seongjin; Lee, Jarhyeon; Park, Sunghoon
- Issue Date
- KSBB JOURNAL, v.31, no.4, pp.246 - 255
- Co-production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) and 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) was suggested as an innovativestrategy to overcome several limitations occurring in the single production of 3-HP from glycerol. In this study, twonew isolates of Klebsiella pneumoniae, which produce less lipopolysaccharide (LPS) thus considered less pathogenicthan K. pneumoniae DSM 2026, were compared and evaluated for their potential for the co-production of 3-HP and 1,3-PDO. The newly isolated strains showed significantly faster sedimentation rate than DSM, which should be beneficial for downstream processing. Analysis of genome sequences of the isolates confirmed the presence of all genes necessary for glycerol assimilation, 1,3-PDO production and biosynthesis of coenzyme B12. Co-production yield was highest under anaerobic condition while cell growth was highest under aerobic condition. Both strains showed similarly good performance for the co-production although J2B gave the slightly higher co-production yield of 0.80 mol/mol than GSC021 (0.75 mol/mol). The evaluation of the newly developed strains presented here should be useful in designing similar evaluation experiments for other microorganisms.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.