Influence of a large pulsed electron beam (LPEB) on the corrosion resistance of Ti-6Al-7Nb alloys
Cited 2 times inCited 1 times in
- Influence of a large pulsed electron beam (LPEB) on the corrosion resistance of Ti-6Al-7Nb alloys
- Kim, Jisoo; Park, Hyung Wook
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CORROSION SCIENCE, v.90, no.1, pp.153 - 160
- Pulsed electron-beam irradiation was used as a finishing process for Ti-6Al-7Nb titanium alloy to increase the corrosion resistance and surface hardness. The corrosion characteristics were investigated using potentiodynamic polarization and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy to obtain Nyquist plots and log(f)-|. Z| plots. The surface hardness was examined using nano-indentation with a Berkovich tip. The corrosion resistance of the irradiated surface increased, exhibiting a nobler corrosion potential, a higher polarization resistance, and a lower corrosion current density than the untreated surface. The variation in the contact angle and formation of a re-solidified passivation layer indicate a stable surface. The surface hardness increased significantly following irradiation, which was attributed to an increase in the density of dislocations and a decrease in the fraction of the pre-dominant slip plane.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.