Direct numerical simulations of fully developed turbulent pipe flows for Re-tau=180, 544 and 934
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Direct numerical simulations of fully developed turbulent pipe flows for Re-tau=180, 544 and 934
- Ahn, Junsun; Lee, Jae Hwa; Jang, Sung Jae; Sung, Hyung Jin
- Amplitude modulation; Direct numerical simulation; Streamwise turbulence intensity; Turbulent pipe flow
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HEAT AND FLUID FLOW, v.44, no., pp.222 - 228
- Direct numerical simulations (DNSs) of fully developed turbulent pipe flows with a 30. R streamwise domain for Reτ= 180, 544 and 934 were performed to see the turbulence statistics and the interactions between the near-wall and outer regions. There are some slight discrepancies between previous DNS data for turbulent pipe flows with low Reynolds numbers Reτ≈ 180 and the present data. These discrepancies arise because DNS results are sensitive to numerical conditions such as grid resolution and distribution. Our DNS data for various Reynolds numbers show that the near-wall peak in the streamwise turbulence intensity increases with increasing the Reynolds number. Evidence to support this finding was found in pre-multiplied energy spectra and the two-point amplitude modulation (AM) covariance. It was determined that both the long wavelength energy near the wall and the non-linear effects of AM contribute to the growth of the near-wall peak in the streamwise Reynolds stress.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.