Microstructure and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy with ultrafine grained structure
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Microstructure and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy with ultrafine grained structure
- Cheng, Weili; Huo, Rui; Lu, Yangjie; You, Bongsun; Park, Sung Soo
- Issue Date
- NORTHWEST INST NONFERROUS METAL RESEARCH
- RARE METAL MATERIALS AND ENGINEERING, v.43, no.11, pp.2824 - 2828
- The microstructure evolution and mechanical properties of indirect-extruded Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn have been investigated by OM, SEM, XRD, EBSD, TEM and a stand universal testing machine. The results indicate that the high strength Mg-8Sn-1Al-1Zn alloy with ultrafine grained structure can be successfully fabricated by indirect extrusion at 250℃. During the extrusion process, most of the coarse grains were changed into fine equiaxed grains with average sizes of 1.92 μm. In addition, some nano-sized particles were observed by TEM in the alloy. The extruded alloy reveals a type of fiber texture in which basal poles are preferentially perpendicular to the ED. The formation of the ultra-fine grained structure was ascribed to the dynamic recrystallization and second phase. The tensile yield strength and compressive yield strength of the extruded alloys are 285 and 260 MPa, respectively. The R value of the alloy equals to 0.91. The superior strength and low yield asymmetry are mainly related to the fine-grained structure and dispersive fine second phase particles.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.