Thermoelectric properties and texture evaluation of Ca3Co4O9 prepared by a cost-effective multisheet cofiring technique
Cited 9 times inCited 9 times in
- Thermoelectric properties and texture evaluation of Ca3Co4O9 prepared by a cost-effective multisheet cofiring technique
- Kwon, O-Jong; Jo, Wook; Ko, Kyeong-Eun; Kim, Jae-Yeol; Bae, Sung-Hwan; Koo, Hyun; Jeong, Seong-Min; Kim, Jin-Sang; Park, Chan
- Co-firing; Comparative studies; Electrical resistivity; Microstructure analysis; Multi-sheet; Power factors; Thermoelectric figure of merit; Thermoelectric properties; Thermoelectrics
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE, v.46, no.9, pp.2887 - 2894
- Highly textured Ca3Co4O9 thermoelectrics were fabricated by a so-called multisheet cofiring (MSC) technique in combination with the commonly practiced spark plasma sintering (SPS) technique. X-ray diffraction analysis revealed that the MSC technique significantly enhances the degree of texture compared with the conventional SPS technique. This was confirmed by microstructure analysis performed on polished and chemically etched specimens. The power factor and the thermoelectric figure of merit for the specimen produced by the MSC technique were estimated to be similar to 5.2 x 10(-4) W/mK(2) and similar to 0.4, respectively, both of which are similar to 20% larger than those of the normally processed specimens. A comparative study of the thermoelectric properties, such as electrical resistivity and Seebeck coefficient, clearly demonstrated that texture mainly influences the electrical resistivity and consequently enhances the thermoelectric properties.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.