Decreasing interfacial losses with catalysts in La0.9Ca0.1FeO3-δ membranes for syngas production
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Decreasing interfacial losses with catalysts in La0.9Ca0.1FeO3-δ membranes for syngas production
- Yu, Anthony S.; Kim, Junyoung; Oh, Tae-Sik; Kim, Guntae; Gorte, Raymond J.; Vohs, John M.
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- APPLIED CATALYSIS A-GENERAL, v.486, pp.259 - 265
- The effect of modification of the surface of a La0.9Ca0.1FeO3 (LCF) membrane by the addition of a porous layer with an infiltrated catalyst on oxygen flux through the membrane in a CO/air gradient was investigated. Membranes with Pt and CeO2 catalysts on the fuel (CO) side and La0.8Sr0.2FeO3 (LSF) on the air-side exhibited oxygen permeation fluxes that were 91, 28, and 5.8 times greater at 873 K, 973 K, and 1073 K, respectively, compared to a membrane with unmodified surfaces. The relative contributions of the bulk (Rb) and surface (Rs) resistances to the total resistance to oxygen ion flow (Rtot) were accessed by measuring the oxygen flux as a function of the membrane thickness. Rs was found to dominate Rtot, demonstrating the importance of the surface processes.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.