Dithienothiophene (DTT)-Based Dyes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Synthesis of 2,6-Dibromo-DTT
Cited 38 times inCited 36 times in
- Dithienothiophene (DTT)-Based Dyes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Synthesis of 2,6-Dibromo-DTT
- Kwon, Tae-Hyuk; Armel, Vanessa; Nattestad, Andrew; MacFarlane, Douglas R.; Bach, Udo; Lind, Samuel J.; Gordon, Keith C.; Tang, Weihua; Jones, David J.; Holmes, Andrew B.
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v.76, no.10, pp.4088 - 4093
- A one-pot synthesis of 2,6-dibromodithieno [3,2-b;2', 3'-d]thiophene (dibromo-DTT, 4) was developed. A key step was bromo-decarboxylation of DTT-2,6-dicarboxylic acid, obtained by saponification of the diester 1. The donor-acceptor dye DAHTDTT (13), based on a central 2,6-bis[2'-(3'-hexylthienyl)]dithieno[3,2-b;2',3'-d]thiophene core (9), was prepared and incorporated in a dye-sensitized solar cell (DSC), which exhibited an energy conversion efficiency of 7.3% with V(oc) of 697 mV, J(sc) or 14.4 mA/cm(2), and ff of 0.73 at 1 sun.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.