Characterization of pyridinylimine and pyridinylmethylamine derivatives and their corresponding metal complexese
Cited 8 times inCited 6 times in
- Characterization of pyridinylimine and pyridinylmethylamine derivatives and their corresponding metal complexese
- Braymer, Joseph J.; Merrill, Nathan M.; Lim, Mi Hee
- Bioinorganic chemistry; Metal complexes of pyridinylimine and pyridinylmethylamine derivatives; Spectroscopic studies; X-ray crystal structure determination
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- INORGANICA CHIMICA ACTA, v.380, no., pp.261 - 268
- Bidentate pyridinylimine (L1-a and L1-b) and pyridinylmethylamine (L2-a and L2-b) derivatives have recently received attention due to their potential use as chemical reagants that can target metal-associated amyloid-β (Aβ) species and modulate metal-induced Aβ aggregation and neurotoxicity in vitro and in living cells. Herein, we report the characterization of these bidentate ligands and their corresponding metal complexes by X-ray crystallography and spectroscopic methods, including UV-Vis spectroscopy (UV-Vis), nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR), and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR). Our studies presented how the different structural moieties of ligand frameworks (L1-a, L1-b, L2-a, and L2-b), in addition to effects of metal binding, contribute to variations in structure and chemical environments of the ligands and their corresponding metal complexes.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.