Independent component analysis based source number estimation and its comparison for mechanical systems
Cited 8 times inCited 0 times in
- Independent component analysis based source number estimation and its comparison for mechanical systems
- Cheng, Wei; Lee, Seungchul; Zhang, Zhousuo; He, Zhengjia
- Akaike information criterion; Bayesian information criterion; Clustering evaluation; Dissimilarity measures; Mechanical signals; Mechanical systems; Minimum description length; Mixed signal; Source number estimation
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS LTD- ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- JOURNAL OF SOUND AND VIBRATION, v.331, no.23, pp.5153 - 5167
- It has been challenging to correctly separate the mixed signals into source components when the source number is not known a priori. In this paper, we propose a novel source number estimation based on independent component analysis (ICA) and clustering evaluation analysis. We investigate and benchmark three information based source number estimations: Akaike information criterion (AIC), minimum description length (MDL) and improved Bayesian information criterion (IBIC). All the above methods are comparatively studied in both numerical and experimental case studies with typical mechanical signals. The results demonstrate that the proposed. ICA based source number estimation with nonlinear dissimilarity measures performs more stable and robust than the information based ones for mechanical systems.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.