A spatio-temporal pyramid matching for video retrieval
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- A spatio-temporal pyramid matching for video retrieval
- Choi, Jaesik; Wang, Ziyu; Lee, Sang-Chul; Jeon, Won J.
- High-activity videos; Pyramid matching; Query by video clip; Spatio-temporal pyramid matching; Sport videos; Video retrieval
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- COMPUTER VISION AND IMAGE UNDERSTANDING, v.117, no.6, pp.660 - 669
- An efficient video retrieval system is essential to search relevant video contents from a large set of video clips, which typically contain several heterogeneous video clips to match with. In this paper, we introduce a content-based video matching system that finds the most relevant video segments from video database for a given query video clip. Finding relevant video clips is not a trivial task, because objects in a video clip can constantly move over time. To perform this task efficiently, we propose a novel video matching called Spatio-Temporal Pyramid Matching (STPM). Considering features of objects in 2D space and time, STPM recursively divides a video clip into a 3D spatio-temporal pyramidal space and compares the features in different resolutions. In order to improve the retrieval performance, we consider both static and dynamic features of objects. We also provide a sufficient condition in which the matching can get the additional benefit from temporal information. The experimental results show that our STPM performs better than the other video matching methods.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.