Maximum-likelihood parameter estimation for image ringing-artifact removal
Cited 40 times inCited 53 times in
- Maximum-likelihood parameter estimation for image ringing-artifact removal
- Yang, Seungjoon; Hu, YH; Nguyen, TQ; Tull, DL
- Hierarchical clustering; Image ringing-artifact; Maximum-likelihood estimation; Robust filter
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY, v.11, no.8, pp.963 - 973
- At low bit rates, image compression codecs based on overlapping transforms introduce spurious oscillations known as ringing artifacts in the vicinity of major edges. Unlike previous works, we present a maximum-likelihood approach to the ringing-artifact removal problem. Our approach employs a parameter-estimation method based on the k-means algorithm with the number of clusters determined by a cluster-separation measure. The proposed algorithm and its simplified approximation are applied to JPEG2000 compressed images. Our results show effective and efficient removal of ringing artifacts.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.