In-line polarization controller that uses a hollow optical fiber filled with a liquid crystal
Cited 11 times inCited 17 times in
- In-line polarization controller that uses a hollow optical fiber filled with a liquid crystal
- Oh, YH; Kwon, Min-Suk; Shin, SY; Choi, S; Oh, K
- Bulk-type polarization; Hollow optical fibers (HOF); Polarization controllers
- Issue Date
- OPTICAL SOC AMER
- OPTICS LETTERS, v.29, no.22, pp.2605 - 2607
- We demonstrate an in-line polarization controller based on a hollow optical fiber filled with a nematic liquid crystal by fabricating thin-film electrodes on the cladding of a fiber. The polarization controller consists of three control sections with fixed optic axes, which operate as phase retarders. The phase retardation in each section is controlled by the magnitude of the applied electric field. The full wave retardation voltage of the polarization controller is ∼85 V.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.