Low-Power Selective Control of Ultrafast Vortex-Core Switching by Circularly Rotating Magnetic Fields: Circular-Rotational Eigenmodes
Cited 9 times inCited 9 times in
- Low-Power Selective Control of Ultrafast Vortex-Core Switching by Circularly Rotating Magnetic Fields: Circular-Rotational Eigenmodes
- Kim, Sang-Koog; Lee, Ki-Suk; Choi, Youn-Seok; Yu, Young-Sang
- Circular eigenmodes; Circularly rotating fields; Gyrotropic motion; Magnetic vortex (mv); Vortex core (vc) switching; Vortex-based random access memory (VRAM)
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, v.44, no.11, pp.3071 - 3074
- We found novel dynamic properties of vortex gyrotropic motions in soft magnetic nanodots driven by oscillating in-plane magnetic fields. The elementary eigenmodes of the field-driven gyrotropic motions are found to be the two counterclockwise (CCW) and clockwise (CW) circularly rotating motions of a vortex core (VC) with respect to the corresponding CCW and CW circularly rotating fields (H-CCW and H-CW) of a certain angular frequency omega(H). Owing to asymmetric resonance characteristics between the two orthogonal eigenmodes at omega(H) close to the vortex eigenfrequency omega(D), the use of H-CCW (H-CW) with omega(H) similar to omega(D) allows us to selectively and reliably switch, with sufficiently low field strengths as small as similar to 10 Oe, only the upward (downward) oriented VC to its downward (upward) one. The results promise a reliable, low-power, and effective means of information storage, recording, and readout, representing an advanced step toward realizing a new class of vortex-based random access memory (VRAM) devices.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.