Vortex-antivortex pair driven magnetization dynamics studied by micromagnetic simulations
Cited 22 times inCited 21 times in
- Vortex-antivortex pair driven magnetization dynamics studied by micromagnetic simulations
- Lee, Ki-Suk; Kang, BW; Yu, YS; Kim, SK
- Magnetic votrices; Magnetization dynamics; Relaxation dynamics; Vortex states
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.85, no.9, pp.1568 - 1570
- The magnetization dynamics approaching an equilibrium vortex state from an initial nonequilibrium state under zero magnetic field in a circular shaped Fe disk with thickness of 5 nm and a diameter of 1200 nm were studied. Starting from the initial random configuration of in-plane magnetizations, a great number of vortex and antivortex pairs energetically favorable to form were generated at a lot of nucleation sites. It was found that the sites propagated and then were annihilated by their attractive interactions during the relaxation dynamic process. The study shows that temporal magnetization evolutions can be dominated by the nucleation of the vortex and antivortex pairs, followed by their propagation and annihilation.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.