Vortex-antivortex assisted magnetization dynamics in a semi-continuous thin-film model system studied by micromagnetic simulations
Cited 14 times inCited 12 times in
- Vortex-antivortex assisted magnetization dynamics in a semi-continuous thin-film model system studied by micromagnetic simulations
- Kim, SK; Lee, Ki-Suk; Kang, BW; Lee, KJ; Kortright, JB
- Antivortex states; Dynamic evolution; Magnetic microstructures; Reversal prcesses
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.86, no.5, pp.1 - 3
- We have studied magnetization M dynamics in a semicontinuous 33-nm -thick Fe model system, which approaches new equilibrium states under various magnetic fields, H=0, -1, -10, and -30 Oe, starting from an initial M configuration of complex microstructures experimentally observed in a real continuous Fe film. Simulation results with H=0 clearly reveal that small needle-shaped domains and ripple structures found in a frozen state of the demagnetized Fe film continue to grow far into a surrounding 180° domain, and that zigzag folding structures appear through the M dynamic evolution assisted by vortex and antivortex. Furthermore, it is found that many domain walls of a cross-tie type exhibit their dynamic developments under H=-10 and -30 Oe, caused by interactions between vortex and antivortex states. This vortex-antivortex assisted M dynamic evolution offers deeper insights into the comprehensive understanding of the static or dynamic properties of M reversal processes as well as additional features or more details of magnetic microstructures in real continuous films.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.