Perpendicular-bias-field-dependent vortex-gyration eigenfrequency
Cited 7 times inCited 2 times in
- Perpendicular-bias-field-dependent vortex-gyration eigenfrequency
- Yoo, Myoung-Woo; Lee, Ki-Suk; Han, Dong-Soo; Kim, Sang-Koog
- Angular frequencies; Bias field; Dynamic variables; Eigenfrequency; Force equations; Linear dependence; Magnetic elements; Micromagnetic simulations; Micromagnetics; Nano scale; Numerical data; Quantitative analysis; Quantitative interpretation; Simulation-based; Stiffness constants; Vortex dynamics
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.109, no.6, pp.1 - 5
- We found that the angular frequency ω0 of vortex-core gyrations is controllable by the application of static perpendicular bias fields Hp as studied by micromagnetic simulations and Thiele's-approach- based quantitative interpretation. The observed linear dependence of ω0 on Hp could be explained in terms of the dynamic variables of the vortex, the gyrovector constant G, and the potential stiffness constant , for cases of negligible damping. Here we calculated the values of G and κ as a function of Hp directly from the simulation numerical data using Thiele's equivalent force equations, providing a more correct understanding of the remarkable change of ω0 with Hp. This micromagnetic-simulation-based quantitative analysis is a straightforward, accurate, and effective means of understanding vortex dynamics in nanoscale magnetic elements.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.