Multiple photonic responses in films of organic-based magnetic semiconductor V(TCNE)(x), x similar to 2
Cited 24 times inCited 20 times in
- Multiple photonic responses in films of organic-based magnetic semiconductor V(TCNE)(x), x similar to 2
- Yoo, Jung-Woo; Edelstein, R. Shima; Lincoln, D. M.; Raju, N. P.; Xia, C.; Pokhodnya, K. I.; Miller, Joel S.; Epstein, A. J.
- PHOTOINDUCED MAGNETIZATION; THIN-FILM; TEMPERATURE; BEHAVIOR
- Issue Date
- AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.97, no.24, pp.1 - 4
- Concomitant photoinduced magnetic and electrical phenomena are reported for the organic-based magnetic semiconductor V(TCNE)(x) (x similar to 2; TCNE=tetracyanoethylene; magnetic ordering temperature T-c similar to 400 K). Upon optical excitation (457.9 nm), the system can be trapped in a thermally reversible photoexcited state, which exhibits reduced magnetic susceptibility and increased conductivity with a simultaneous change in IR absorption spectrum. The multiple photonic effects in V(TCNE)(x) are proposed to originate from structural changes induced by internal excitation in (TCNE)(-) anions, which lead to relaxation to a long-lived metastable state.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.