Tensile properties and fatigue crack growth in LIGA nickel MEMS structures
Cited 16 times inCited 19 times in
- Tensile properties and fatigue crack growth in LIGA nickel MEMS structures
- Son, D; Kim, JJ; Kim, Ju-Young; Kwon, D
- Crack propagation rate; Cycles to failure; Fatigue; LIGA nickel; MEMS; Microtensile
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING A-STRUCTURAL MATERIALS PROPERTIES MICROSTRUCTURE AND PROCESSING, v.406, no.1-2, pp.274 - 278
- The tensile and fatigue properties of LIGA (Lithographie, Galvanformung, Abformung) nickel microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) structures were evaluated using a microtensile/fatigue device. The feature size of the specimens was 10 μm. The stress-strain results obtained by microtensile tests showed comparatively brittle, and the variation in ultimate tensile strength was explained by the specimen geometry. Stress-cycle curves were also measured by tension-tension fatigue tests. The notch effect on fatigue was discussed in terms of notch-sensitivity factor. Crack propagation rates were measured by the unloading compliance method and the Paris parameter was obtained. The cycles to failure predicted from the crack propagation rate at various stress intensity factors were compared with the measured values.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.