Stable field emission performance of SiC-nanowire-based cathodes
Cited 23 times inCited 23 times in
- Stable field emission performance of SiC-nanowire-based cathodes
- Kim, Dong-Wan; Choi, Young-Jin; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Park, Jae-Gwan; Park, Jae-Hwan; Pimenov, Sergei M.; Frolov, Vadim D.; Abanshin, Nikolay P.; Gorfinkel, Boris I.
- ELECTRON-EMISSION; CARBON NANOTUBES; NANORODS; GROWTH; FILMS
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.19, no.22, pp. -
- In this paper we report the fabrication and testing of diode-type low-voltage field emission display (FED) devices with SiC-nanowire-based cathodes. The SiC-nanowire FEDs (flat vacuum lamps) were characterized by low emission threshold fields (∼2 V μm-1), high current density and stable long-term performance. The analysis of field emission data evidenced that the Schottky effect would have a considerable influence on the field emission from nanowire-based samples, leading to the true values of the field enhancement factor being significantly lower than those derived from Fowler-Nordheim plots.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.