Polarization dynamics across the morphotropic phase boundary in Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O-3-x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 ferroelectrics
Cited 7 times inCited 4 times in
- Polarization dynamics across the morphotropic phase boundary in Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O-3-x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 ferroelectrics
- Zhukov, Sergey; Genenko, Yuri A.; Acosta, Matias; Humburg, Heide; Jo, Wook; Roedel, Juergen; von Seggern, Heinz
- Analysis of polarizations; Chemical compositions; Compositional region; Ferroelectric property; Inhomogeneous fields; Microscopic mechanisms; Morphotropic phase boundaries; Polarization dynamics
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.103, no.15, pp. -
- Analysis of polarization switching dynamics by means of the inhomogeneous field mechanism model allows insight into the microscopic mechanism of reversed polarization domain nucleation. For all chemical compositions studied, two distinct field regions of nucleation are established. In the high-field region, the activation energy barrier is found to be inversely proportional to the local field according to the Merz law. In contrast, the barriers in the low-field region exhibit a linear field dependence with a minimum in the compositional region of phase instability, which can explain the corresponding peak ferroelectric properties.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.