Microstructure and Electrical Properties of (1-x)Bi(Li1/3Zr2/3)O-3-xPbTiO(3) Piezoelectric Ceramics
Cited 5 times inCited 4 times in
- Microstructure and Electrical Properties of (1-x)Bi(Li1/3Zr2/3)O-3-xPbTiO(3) Piezoelectric Ceramics
- Chen, Jun; Wang, Xiaowei; Jo, Wook; Roedel, Juergen
- Dielectric constants; Electrical property; Ferroelectric property; Large-signals; Lattice distortions; Low loss; Morphotropic phase boundaries; Piezoelectric coefficient; Piezoelectric property; Promising materials; Small signal; Solubility limits; Temperature dependence
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.93, no.6, pp.1692 - 1696
- A new type of BiMeO3-PbTiO3 was prepared by using Li1+ as part of the Me site cations. Several (1-x)Bi(Li,Me')O 3-xPbTiO3 compositions were prepared with Me' cations of a higher valence (Me'=Ti4+, Zr4+, Mn4+, Sn 4+, Nb5+, and Ta5+). (1-x)Bi(Li,Me')O 3-xPbTiO3 exhibits a low solubility of Bi(Li,Me')O 3 in PbTiO3. Although there are many possible compositions of (1-x)Bi(Li,Me')O3-xPbTiO3, no morphotropic phase boundary was found. After the initial screening, (1-x)Bi(Li1/3Zr 2/3)O3-xPbTiO3 was identified as the most promising material for actuator applications due to its relatively large solubility limit (x=0.7) and low lattice distortion (c/a=1.036). It was then chosen for systematical study with respect to structure, ferroelectric, and piezoelectric properties. In addition, La was further added to improve the piezoelectric properties of (1-x)Bi(Li1/3Zr2/3)O 3-xPbTiO3. The temperature dependence of 0.3Bi(Li 1/3Zr2/3)O3-0.7PbTiO3 and 0.3(Bi0.9La0.1)(Li1/3Zr2/3)O 3-0.7PbTiO3 was assessed by investigating the dielectric constant and large-signal d33. 0.3Bi(Li1/3Zr 2/3)O3-0.7PbTiO3 exhibits a dielectric constant with a low loss (0.025), ferroelectric properties (EC=5.9 kV/mm, Pr=20.8 μC/cm2, and Psat=25.9 μC/cm 2), piezoelectric coefficients (small-signal d33=78 pC/N and large-signal d33=106 pm/V), and Curie temperature (T C=290°C). La (10 mol%) substitution for Bi acts as a soft role with an enhanced d33 (98 pC/N) and reduced TC (215°C).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.