Stooped Nanohairs: Geometry-Controllable, Unidirectional, Reversible, and Robust Gecko-like Dry Adhesive
Cited 75 times inCited 76 times in
- Stooped Nanohairs: Geometry-Controllable, Unidirectional, Reversible, and Robust Gecko-like Dry Adhesive
- Kim, Tae-il; Jeong, Hoon Eui; Suh, Kahp Y.; Lee, Hong H.
- Adhesion properties; Dry adhesive; Electron-beam irradiations; Gecko feet; High aspect ratio; High-density; Multistep process; Polyurethane acrylates; Replica molding; SIMPLE method; Structural similarity; Structural transformation
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.21, no.22, pp.2276 -
- A study was conducted to demonstrate a simple method for fabricating stopped high-aspect-ratio (AR) nanohairs of polyurethane acrylate (PUA) material that utilized replica molding and post-electron-beam irradiation. The method offered a facile route to prepare angled polymer nanohairs without multistep processes or surface treatment. It was demonstrated that the PUA material was molded into a geometry controlled and high-density nanochair surface with an AR of up to 10 without facing self-matting problem, due to its favorable mechanical properties. The as-formed hairy structures also allowed for structural transformation into directional and angled nanohairs, while maintaining better adhesion capability. The nanohair surface also showed significant unidirectional adhesion properties and a higher shear adhesion due to its structural similarity to natural gecko foot hairs.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.