Comparison of measured 2D ELMs with synthetic images from BOUT plus plus simulation in KSTAR
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Comparison of measured 2D ELMs with synthetic images from BOUT plus plus simulation in KSTAR
- Kim, M.; Choi, M. J.; Lee, J.; Yun, G. S.; Lee, Woochang; Park, Hyeon Keo; Domier, C. W.; Luhmann, N. C., Jr.; Xu, X. Q.
- Issue Date
- INT ATOMIC ENERGY AGENCY
- NUCLEAR FUSION, v.54, no.9, pp.1 - 7
- A detailed study of edge-localized mode (ELM) dynamics in the KSTAR tokamak is performed using a two-dimensional (2D) electron cyclotron emission imaging (ECEI) diagnostic system. Highly coherent mode structures rotating in the poloidal view plane are routinely observed in the inter-ELM pedestal region where the optical thickness for ECE rapidly changes and the interpretation of emission intensity is complicated. To have confidence on the measurements, the observed images are compared with synthetic images of the ELM structure deduced from three-field BOUT++ simulations. The synthetic process considers instrumental effects of the ECEI diagnostic, intrinsic broadening of the ECE and background noise. The synthetic 2D images highly resemble the observed structure, providing confidence that the ELM dynamics can be visualized by ECEI.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.