Direct numerical simulation of turbulent counterflow nonpremixed flames
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Direct numerical simulation of turbulent counterflow nonpremixed flames
- Im, Hong G.; Trouve, Arnaud; Rutland, Christopher J.; Arias, Paul G.; Narayanan, Praveen; Srinivasan, Seshasai; Yoo, Chun Sang
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- SciDac 2007: Scientific Discovery Through Advanced Computing, v.78, pp.1 - 5
- This paper presents our recent progress in terascale three-dimensional simulations of turbulent nonpremixed flames in the presence of a mean flow strain and fine water droplets. Under the ongoing university collaborative project supported by the DOE SciDAC Program  along with the INCITE 2007 Project , the study aims at bringing the state-of-the-art high-fidelity simulation capability to the next level by incorporating various advanced physical models for soot formation, radiative heat transfer, and lagrangian spray dynamics, to an unprecedented degree of detail in high-fidelity simulation application. The targeted science issue is fundamental characteristics of flame suppression by the complex interaction between turbulence, chemistry, radiation, and water spray. The high quality simulation data with full consideration of multi-physics processes will allow fundamental understanding of the key physical and chemical mechanisms in the flame quenching behavior. In this paper, recent efforts on numerical algorithms and model development toward the targeted terascale 3D simulations are discussed and some preliminary results are presented.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.