Synthesis, characterization, and magnetic properties of uniform-sized MnO nanospheres and nanorods
Cited 96 times inCited 90 times in
- Synthesis, characterization, and magnetic properties of uniform-sized MnO nanospheres and nanorods
- Park, Jongnam; Kang, EA; Bae, CJ; Park, JG; Noh, HJ; Kim, JY; Park, JH; Park, JH; Hyeon, T
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B, v.108, no.36, pp.13594 - 13598
- Uniform-sized MnO nanospheres and nanorods were fabricated by the thermal decomposition of Mn-surfactant complexes. The particle sizes of the nanospheres were varied. from 5 to 40 nm by changing the surfactant. The shape of the particles could be controlled by varying the experimental conditions. The synthesized MnO nanorods have diameters ranging from 7 to 10 nm, and lengths ranging from 30 to 140 nm. Structural characterization using X-ray powder diffraction, X-ray absorption spectroscopy, and high-resolution transmission electron microscopy revealed that the nanoparticles are core/shell structures with a MnO core and a thin Mn3O4 shell. The MnO nanoparticles exhibited very interesting magnetic properties. For example, the MnO nanorods with dimensions of 7 nm x 33 nm showed two blocking temperatures at 35 and 280 K, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.