Supercritical Continuous-Microflow Synthesis of Narrow Size Distribution Quantum Dots
Cited 60 times inCited 56 times in
- Supercritical Continuous-Microflow Synthesis of Narrow Size Distribution Quantum Dots
- Marre, Samuel; Park, Jongnam; Rempel, Jane; Guan, Juan; Bawendi, Moungi G.; Jensen, Klavs F.
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.20, no.24, pp.4830 - +
- The continuous microflow synthesis of CdSe quantum dots (QD) at high pressure both in a conventional high-boiling-point solvent, squalane, and also in liquid hexane, was demonstrated. All experiments were performed in Silicon/Pyrex microreactors that allow for easy optical access and sustain high pressures. Synthesis of CdSe QDs was carried out at 5 MPa. The residence time was tuned from 30 to 150s by varying the flow rate. Typical photoluminescence spectra as a function of residence time for CdSe QDs synthesized in liquid squalane and sc-hexane at 270°C and 5 MPa with a precursor concentration of 3.8×10-3 M, was obtained from TEM measurements. The average QD diameter was determined using the wavelength at the emission maximum. Comparison between solvents shows that at a given residence time, QDs synthesized in sc-hexane are approximately 20-30% smaller than those synthesized in liquid squalane.
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.