Exfoliated sulfonated poly(arylene ether sulfone)-clay nanocomposites
Cited 22 times inCited 23 times in
- Exfoliated sulfonated poly(arylene ether sulfone)-clay nanocomposites
- Choi, Y.S.; Kim, T.K.; Kim, E.A; Joo, Sang Hoon; Pak, C.; Lee, Y.H.; Chang, H; Seung, D.
- PROTON-EXCHANGE MEMBRANES; FUEL-CELLS
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.20, no.12, pp.2341 - 2344
- A study was conducted to investigate the exfoliated structure of sulfonated poly(arylene suofone) (sPAS) clay nanocomposites. The clay nanocomposites show excellent mechanical strength and methanol permeability at high proton conductivity. The nanocomposite membrane with these properties can be used for direct methanol fuel cell (DMFCs) applications. The study prepared sPAS-clay nanocomposites without organic modifiers that can be used to reduce the electrochemical stability and mechanical strength of the composites. It was observed during the study that the dispersion state of clay layers can improve the mechanical strength and methanol permeability without making any harm ion conductivity. The study also found that the exfoliated clay nanocomposites has higher surface area for interacting with the sPAS.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.