Lateral Ordering of Cylindrical Microdomains Under Solvent Vapor
Cited 74 times inCited 70 times in
- Lateral Ordering of Cylindrical Microdomains Under Solvent Vapor
- Park, Soojin; Kim, Bokyung; Xu, Ji; Hofmann, Tommy; Ocko, Benjamin M.; Russell, Thomas P.
- Annealed films; Center distance; Function of time; Gi-SAXS; Grain size; Grazing incidence small-angle X-ray scattering; Lateral ordering; Micro-domains; Poly(4-vinyl pyridine); PS-b-P4VP; Scanning force microscopy; Selective solvents; Silicon substrates; Solvent vapors; Tetrahydrofuran
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- MACROMOLECULES, v.42, no.4, pp.1278 - 1284
- The development of the morphology in asymmetric polystyrene-block-poly(4-vinylpyridine) (PS-b-P4VP) thin films in tetrahydrofuran (THF) vapor, a selective solvent for majority PS block, as a function of time was investigated by scanning force microscopy (SFM) and grazing incidence small-angle X-ray scattering (GISAXS). When the PS-b-P4VP films were spin-coated from a toluene/THF mixture onto a silicon substrate, cylindrical microdomains were found to be oriented normal to the surface. By annealing under the THF solvent vapor, the distribution of the size and center-to-center distance between the cylindrical microdomains were significantly narrowed. The orientation and grain size of the cylindrical microdomains in the annealed films were characterized Using Moire analysis obtained from SFM scan. GISAXS was used to characterize the morphology of the entire film.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.