Reinvestigation of Li1-xTiyV1-yS2 Electrodes in Suitable Electrolyte: Highly Improved Electrochemical Properties
Cited 6 times inCited 5 times in
- Reinvestigation of Li1-xTiyV1-yS2 Electrodes in Suitable Electrolyte: Highly Improved Electrochemical Properties
- Kim, Youngsik; Goodenough, John B.
- electrochemical electrodes; electrochemistry; electrolytes; lithium compounds; secondary cells; sulphur compounds; titanium compounds; vanadium compounds
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ELECTROCHEMICAL AND SOLID STATE LETTERS, v.12, no.4, pp.A73 - A75
- Reversible electrochemical intercalation of Li into the Li 1-xTiyV1-yS2 dichalcogenides, which was frustrated in the 1970s by the use of 1 M LiClO4 in propylene carbonate as the electrolyte, is reinvestigated with 1 M LiP F6 in ethylene carbonate:diethyl carbonate (1:1). The choice of the electrolyte allows full electrochemical cycling between MS2 and LiMS2 (M=V or Ti0.3V0.7). The as-prepared LizMS2 (z≈0.9) samples were fully lithiated after the first discharge, and from a subsequent charge of LiVS2 to VS2, the room-temperature solubility limits of the parent 3S phase, the Li-rich hexagonal phase, the intermediate α and Β phases, and the hexagonal Li-poor hexagonal phase have been determined. Introduction of Ti in LiTi0.3V 0.7S2 remarkably improves the capacity at high cycling rates and increases the voltage by about 0.2 V.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.