Higher-order Galilean-invariant lattice Boltzmann model for microflows: Single-component gas
Cited 25 times inCited 20 times in
- Higher-order Galilean-invariant lattice Boltzmann model for microflows: Single-component gas
- Yudistiawan, Wahyu Perdana; Kwak, Sang Kyu; Patil, D. V.; Ansumali, Santosh
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW E, v.82, no.4, pp.1 - 18
- We introduce a scheme which gives rise to additional degree of freedom for the same number of discrete velocities in the context of the lattice Boltzmann model. We show that an off-lattice D3Q27 model exists with correct equilibrium to recover Galilean-invariant form of Navier-Stokes equation (without any cubic error). In the first part of this work, we show that the present model can capture two important features of the microflow in a single component gas: Knudsen boundary layer and Knudsen Paradox. Finally, we present numerical results corresponding to Couette flow for two representative Knudsen numbers. We show that the off-lattice D3Q27 model exhibits better accuracy as compared to more widely used on-lattice D3Q19 or D3Q27 model. Finally, our construction of discrete velocity model shows that there is no contradiction between entropic construction and quadrature-based procedure for the construction of the lattice Boltzmann model.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.