Highly improved photocurrents of dye-sensitized solar cells containing ultrathin 3D inverse opal electrodes sensitized with a dithienothiophene-based organic dye
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Highly improved photocurrents of dye-sensitized solar cells containing ultrathin 3D inverse opal electrodes sensitized with a dithienothiophene-based organic dye
- Kwon, Tae-Hyuk; Ha, Su-Jin; Kim, Jeong Soo; Cho, Chang-Yeol; Lee, Jung Woo; Han, Hyun-Gyu; Moon, Jun Hyuk
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- RSC ADVANCES, v.4, no.77, pp.40980 - 40984
- Ultrathin but highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells (DSCs) may be beneficial for making flexible devices and lowering production costs. Here, a uniform, ultrathin inverse opal (IO) electrode sensitized with a dithienothiophene (DTT)-based sensitizer (Carbz-PAHTDTT) was successfully prepared and demonstrated as a high-efficiency DSC electrode. The ultrathin IO was fabricated using a polystyrene opal template subsequently coated with TiO2via a chemical vapor deposition approach. The Carbz-PAHTDTT-sensitized IO film was compared to an IO film sensitized by a conventional N719 dye. The charge collection efficiency of the Carbz-PAHTDTT-sensitized TiO2IO electrode was comparable to the N719-sensitized electrode. However, the Carbz-PAHTDTT TiO2IO electrode DSCs exhibited remarkably high light-harvesting efficiency due to high adsorption density and visible light absorption features of the Carbz-PAHTDTT-sensitized electrode. The Carbz-PAHTDTT DSCs containing a 3.5 μm thick IO electrode displayed a photocurrent density of 11.23 mA cm-2, which was 1.5 times higher compared to the N719-sensitized DSCs.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.