Multiple reflection and its influence on keyhole evolution
Cited 40 times inCited 41 times in
- Multiple reflection and its influence on keyhole evolution
- Ki, Hyungson; Mohanty, P.S.; Mazumder, J.
- Effective laser absorptivity; Laser drilling; Laser welding; Multiple reflection
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF LASER APPLICATIONS, v.14, no.1, pp.39 - 45
- A multiple reflection model inside a self-evolving cavity was developed based on the level set method. The ray tracing technique was adopted, considering the specular mode of reflection. Simulation was carried out for five different surfaces: two fake drill hole surfaces, one fake keyhole surface, one self-consistent drill hole surface, and one self-consistent keyhole surface. The study revealed many interesting findings regarding multiple reflections.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.