Engineering composite oxide SOFC anodes for efficient oxidation of methane
Cited 93 times inCited 89 times in
- Engineering composite oxide SOFC anodes for efficient oxidation of methane
- Kim, Guntae; Corre, G.; Irvine, J. T. S.; Vohs, J. M.; Gorte, R. J.
- FUEL-CELLS; PEROVSKITE ANODE; HIGH-PERFORMANCE; CERMET ANODES; CATHODES; YSZ; INFILTRATION; FABRICATION; ELECTRODES
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ELECTROCHEMICAL AND SOLID STATE LETTERS, v.11, no.2, pp.B16 - B19
- Ceramic anodes for solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs) were prepared by aqueous impregnation of nitrate salts to produce composites with 45 wt % La0.8Sr0.2Cr0.5Mn0.5O3 (LSCM ) in a 65% porous yttria-stabilized zirconia (YSZ) scaffold. Scanning electron micrographs indicate that the LSCM coats the YSZ pores following calcination at 1473 K. Composites produced in this manner exhibit conductivities at 1073 K of approximately 1 S/cm in air and 0.1 S/cm in humidified H-2. A SOFC with a composite anode composed of 45 wt % LSCM, 0.5 wt % Pd, and 5 wt % ceria exhibited maximum power densities at 1073 K of 1.1 and 0.71 W cm(-2) in humidified (3% H2O) H-2 and methane, respectively.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.