Accelerated Design of High-Efficiency Lead-Free Tin Perovskite Solar Cells via Machine Learning
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Accelerated Design of High-Efficiency Lead-Free Tin Perovskite Solar Cells via Machine Learning
- Bak, Taeju; Kim, Kyusun; Seo, Eunhyeok; Han, Jiye; Sung, Hyokyung; Jeon, Il; Jung, Im Doo
- Issue Date
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRECISION ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING-GREEN TECHNOLOGY, v.10, pp.109 - 121
- Tin (Sn) perovskite solar cells (PSCs) are the most promising alternatives to lead (Pb) PSCs, which pose a theoretical limitation on efficiency and an environmental threat. However, Sn PSCs are still in the early stage of development in comparison with the conventional Pb PSCs, and still require a considerable amount of time and effort to obtain an optimum structure via manual trial-and-error methods. Herein, we propose a machine learning (ML) approach to accelerate the design of the optimized structure of Sn PSCs with high efficiency. The proposed method uses K-fold cross-validation-based deep neural networks, thus maximizing the prediction and recommendation accuracy with a limited amount of experimental data recorded for the Sn PSCs. Our approach establishes a new appropriate Sn-PSC design based on an ML recommendation algorithm. The validation experiment reveals a three times higher efficiency of the ML-designed Sn PSCs (5.57%) than that of those designed through unguided fabrication trials (avg. 1.72%).
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.