Performance and thermal stability of LiCoO2 cathode modified with ionic liquid
Cited 8 times inCited 9 times in
- Performance and thermal stability of LiCoO2 cathode modified with ionic liquid
- Lee, Sang-Young; Yong, HH; Kim, SK; Kim, JY; Ahn, SH
- Battery; C-rate performance; Carbon; Exothermic reaction; Ionic liquid; LiCoO2; Lithium
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.146, no.1-2, pp.732 - 735
- A unique approach for improving the thermal stability of LiCoO2 cathode is presented, which is based on the treatment of LiCoO2 with ionic liquid (BDMIPF6, butyldimethylimidazolium-hexafluorophosphate), instead of traditional electrolyte modification. The electrolyte modification by the BDMIPF6 addition deteriorates the C-rate performances especially at high charge/discharge rates, with slightly improving the exothermic reaction between delithiated (charged) LiCoO2 and electrolytes. On the other hand, the BDMIPF6-modified cathode noticeably improves the thermal stability as well as little changes the C-rate performances. This is believed mainly due to the preferential location of BDMIPF6 in the LiCoO2 cathode rather than in the carbon anode, which might make it possible that the BDMIPF6 could effectively contribute to the suppression of exothermic reaction of delithiated LiCoO2 with electrolytes, with little affecting the electrolyte and the carbon anode.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.