Filamentation near Hill's vortex
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Filamentation near Hill's vortex
- Choi, Kyudong; Jeong, In-Jee
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS INC
- COMMUNICATIONS IN PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS, v.48, no.1, pp.54 - 85
- For the axi-symmetric incompressible Euler equations, we prove linear in time filamentation near Hill's vortex: there exists an arbitrary small outward perturbation growing linearly for all times. This is based on combining the recent nonlinear orbital stability obtained by the first author with a dynamical bootstrapping scheme for particle trajectories. These results rigorously confirm numerical simulations by Pozrikidis in 1986.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.