Formate as Anti-Oxidation Additives for Pb-Free FASnI(3) Perovskite Solar Cells
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Formate as Anti-Oxidation Additives for Pb-Free FASnI(3) Perovskite Solar Cells
- Jang, Hyungsu; Lim, Hyeong Yong; Yoon, Yung Jin; Seo, Jongdeuk; Park, Chan Beom; Son, Jung Geon; Kim, Jae Won; Shin, Yun Seop; An, Na Gyeong; Choi, Seung Ju; Kim, Su Hwan; Jeong, Jaeki; Jo, Yimhyun; Kwak, Sang Kyu; Kim, Dong Suk; Kim, Jin Young
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SOLAR RRL, v.6, no.12, pp.2200789
- Pb-free Sn-based perovskite solar cells (PSCs) have significant potential for application in photovoltaic devices because oftheir suitable bandgap, low exciton binding energy, high carrier mobility, and long diffusion length. However, their performance is hampered by several issues. Sn-based perovskites are highly susceptible to oxidation, which induces a high concentration of defects and degrades the chemical stability of the perovskite crystals. Herein, the anion formate (HCOO-) can effectively suppress the oxidation of Sn in the pure formamidinium tin triiodide (FASnI(3)) perovskite without using A-site cationic additives. Moreover, the presence of formate results in a uniform pinhole-free perovskite film with a low trap density, reduced charge carrier recombination, and improved charge extraction. Density functional theory calculations show that formate-treated FASnI(3) has improved stability against oxidative Sn degradation. The formate-treated PSC achieves a power conversion efficiency of 12.11% at a high open-circuit voltage of 0.71 V. The device exhibits improved stability in ambient air in which it maintained over 80% of its initial power conversion efficiency after 180 min because oxidation is inhibited owing to the strong interaction between Sn and formate.
- Appears in Collections:
- CN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.