A 6.78MHz Adaptive-ZVS Class-D PA with Dynamic Dead-Time for Wireless Power Transfer system
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A 6.78MHz Adaptive-ZVS Class-D PA with Dynamic Dead-Time for Wireless Power Transfer system
- Park, Hyunjun
- Bien, Franklin
- Issue Date
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
- In this thesis, a class-D power amplifier (PA) with adaptive zero-voltage switching (A-ZVS) technique for Low power 6.78 MHz resonant wireless power transfer (R-WPT) system is proposed. In R-WPT operation, the loading impedance of a PA can be varied by the process tolerance of the LC resonant components and WPT environments, such as the resonant topology, coupling coefficient and loading condition of the receiver. The proposed A-ZVS feedback loop of PA calibrates the equivalent resonant capacitance using PWM-controlled switched capacitor in real-time to achieve ZVS by adjusting the loading impedance to be slightly inductive. Furthermore, the proposed PA adjust the dead-time according to variation of WPT environments. The proposed PA was fully integrated except for one switched capacitor used as the tuning element and fabricated in a TSMC 0.18um BCD process. The measurement results demonstrated robust ZVS operation with a peak system efficiency of 52.7% and an enhanced maximum transmitting power of 107%.
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Go to Link;
- Appears in Collections:
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.