Ru-incorporated oxygen-vacancy-enriched MoO2 electrocatalysts for hydrogen evolution reaction
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Ru-incorporated oxygen-vacancy-enriched MoO2 electrocatalysts for hydrogen evolution reaction
- Li, Chuang; Jang, Haeseong; Kim, Min Gyu; Hou, Liqiang; Liu, Xien; Cho, Jaephil
- Issue Date
- APPLIED CATALYSIS B-ENVIRONMENTAL, v.307, pp.121204
- Designing highly efficient Pt-free electrocatalysts with low overpotential for the alkaline hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) remains a significant challenge. In this paper, we successfully construct Ru-incorporated oxygen-vacancy-enriched MoO2 nanosheets (Ru/MoO2_x) for the HER through a "one stone two birds " strategy. This strategy can solve two urgent problems simultaneously, the intrinsic electrochemical activity of original MoO(2 )is far from satisfactory and the H2O adsorption/dissociation abilities of Ru are weak. Specifically, the oxygen-vacancy-enriched MoO3 serves as an excellent platform for anchoring and trapping Ru ions. In-depth analyses indicate that the incorporation of Ru nanoclusters induces transition from MoO3 to MoO2, generates oxygen vacancies, and creates Ru-O-Mo sites. The synergistic effect of Ru nanoclusters, Ru-O-Mo sites and oxygen-vacancy-enriched MoO2 will endow the obtained catalyst excellent electrocatalytic activity. In particular, the optimal Ru/MoO2_x electrocatalyst delivered a low overpotential of 29 mV at 10 mA cm(_2) in a basic electrolyte.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.