Ba(Zr0.1Ce0.7Y0.2)O3-delta as an electrolyte for low-temperature solid-oxide fuel cells
Cited 249 times inCited 230 times in
- Ba(Zr0.1Ce0.7Y0.2)O3-delta as an electrolyte for low-temperature solid-oxide fuel cells
- Zuo, Chendong; Zha, Shaowu; Liu, Meilin; Hatano, Masaharu; Uchiyama, Makoto
- CHEMICAL-STABILITY; CERIA; CONDUCTIVITY; MEMBRANES; BACEO3; ANODE
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.18, no.24, pp.3318 - 3320
- The composition of Ba (Zr0.1Ce0.7Y 0.2)O3-δ (BZCY7) in the barium-zirconium-cerium- yttrium (BZCY), that is used as an electrolyte for low-temperature solid-oxide fuel cells (SOFCs) is presented. SOFCs are very important due to its potential long-term stability and economical competitiveness for many al including residential and automotive. BZCY7 displays the highest ionic conductivity at low temperature, which supports SOFC applications. The chemical stability of BZCY7 in a CO2 containing atmosphere, powder of both compositions were exposed to 2 % CO2 (balanced with H2) at 500 °C for one week. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) patterns indicated that the structures of BZCY7 remained unchanged, implying that BZCY7 is stable at 500 °C in an atmosphere containing 15 % water vapor. BZCY7 also shows the highest ionic conductivity for SOFCs applications.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.