C-MEMS for the manufacture of 3D microbatteries
Cited 103 times inCited 116 times in
- C-MEMS for the manufacture of 3D microbatteries
- Wang, CL; Taherabadi, L; Jia, GY; Madou, Mark; Yeh, YT; Dunn, B
- ION RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES; PHOTORESIST; CARBON
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ELECTROCHEMICAL AND SOLID STATE LETTERS, v.7, no.11, pp.A435 - A438
- We have demonstrated that carbon-microelectromechanical systems (C-MEMS), in which patterned photoresist is pyrolyzed in inert environment at high temperature, constitutes a powerful approach to building 3D carbon microelectrode arrays for 3D microbattery applications. High aspect ratio carbon posts (>10:1) are achieved by pyrolyzing SU-8 negative photoresist in a simple one step process. Lithium can be reversibly charged and discharged into these C-MEMS electrodes. Because of the additional volume of the posts, higher capacities are achieved with the 3D array electrodes as compared to unpatterned carbon films with the same projected electrode area. These novel electrode arrays represent one of the critical components for 3D batteries, which may be interconnected with C-MEMS leads to enable smart power management schemes.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.