GEMS BrO Retrieval Sensitivity Test Using a Radiative Transfer Model
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- GEMS BrO Retrieval Sensitivity Test Using a Radiative Transfer Model
- Other Titles
- 복사전달모델을 이용한 GEMS 일산화브로민 산출 민감도 시험
- Chong, Heesung; Kim, Jhoon; Jeong, Ukkyo; Park, Sang Seo; Hong, Jaemin; Ahn, Dha Hyun; Cha, Hyeji; Lee, Won-Jin; Lee, Hae-jung
- Issue Date
- Korean Journal of Remote Sensing, v.37, no.6, pp.1491 - 1506
- : To estimate errors in GEMS retrievals for bromine monoxide (BrO) total vertical column densities (VCDs), we perform a sensitivity test using synthetic spectra generated by a radiative transfer model. Hourly synthetic data are produced for 00-07 UTC on the first day of every month in Jul 2013- Jun 2014. Solution errors estimated by the optimal estimation method tend to decrease with increasing air mass factors (AMFs) but increase when AMFs are larger than 5. Interference errors induced by formaldehyde (HCHO) absorption appear to be larger with smaller BrO AMFs. Total BrO retrieval errors estimated by combining solution and interference errors show an average of 26.74±30.18% for all data samples and 60.39±133.78% for those with solar zenith angles higher than 80°. Due to interfering spectral features and measurement errors not considered in this study, errors in BrO retrievals from actual GEMS measurements may have different magnitudes from our estimates. However, the variability of errors assessed in this study is still expected to appear in the actual BrO retrievals.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.