Metal carbides as alternative electrocatalysts for energy conversion reactions
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Metal carbides as alternative electrocatalysts for energy conversion reactions
- Joo, Sang Hoon; Lee, Jae Sung
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF CATALYSIS, v.404, pp.911 - 924
- Since Boudart’s pioneering work on the use of tungsten carbide as a non-precious metal catalyst for some important catalytic reactions, metal carbides have attracted continuous interest in heterogeneous catalysis. With ever-increasing importance of hydrogen-based energy cycle, metal carbides have received increasing attention as alternative electrocatalysts for Pt-group metal catalysts in renewable energy conversion reactions. This Mini-review provides recent advances in transition metal carbide (TMC)-catalyzed energy conversion reactions. We summarize major attributes of TMCs as electrocatalysts and highlight structural design and reactivity of TMCs for hydrogen-, oxygen-, and carbon-involving energy conversion reactions with notable examples. We also describe future challenges and opportunities of TMC electrocatalysts in this field.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.