Catalytic transparency of hexagonal boron nitride on copper for chemical vapor deposition growth of large-area and high-quality graphene
Cited 3 times inCited 0 times in
- Catalytic transparency of hexagonal boron nitride on copper for chemical vapor deposition growth of large-area and high-quality graphene
- Wang, Min; Kim, Minwoo; Odkhuu, Dorj; Park, Noejung; Lee, Joohyun; Jang, Won-Jun; Kahng, Se-Jong; Ruoff, Rodney S.; Song, Young Jae; Lee, Sungjoo
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.8, no.6, pp.5478 - 5483
- Graphene transferred onto h-BN has recently become a focus of research because of its excellent compatibility with large-area device applications. The requirements of scalability and clean fabrication, however, have not yet been satisfactorily addressed. The successful synthesis of graphene/h-BN on a Cu foil and DFT calculations for this system are reported, which demonstrate that a thin h-BN film on Cu foil is an excellent template for the growth of large-area and high-quality graphene. Such material can be grown on thin h-BN films that are less than 3 nm thick, as confirmed by optical microscopy and Raman spectroscopy. We have evaluated the catalytic growth mechanism and the limits on the CVD growth of high-quality and large-area graphene on h-BN film/Cu by performing Kelvin probe force microscopy and DFT calculations for various thicknesses of h-BN.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.